WORCESTER HIGHFLOW3.5 BFSS FLOOR MOUNTED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
WORCESTER HIGHFLOW 3.5 BFSS FLOOR MOUNTED.HELLO ALL IVE BEEN AN ELECTRICIAN FOR 29 YEARS WORKED ON MANY MANY TYPES OF H/V SYSTEMS,COMMERCAIL,INDUSTRIAL AND DOMESTIC.WIRED AND FIXED LITRALEY HUNDREDS OF SYSTEMS FOR PLUMBERS , BUILDERS AND CUSTOMERS,YET MY BIGGEST CHALLENGE/PAIN TO DATE IS SITTING IN THE CORNER OF MY VERY OWN KITCHEN.OVER THE LAST 10 YEARS IVE PUT UP WITH THE ODD THERMOCOUPLE ,LIMIT STAT ,PUMP,PUMP VALVES,BOTH THERMOSTATS,ENDLESS PRVs, DIDNT EVEN MIND THE DIVERTER VALVE, THEN BOXING DAY WOKE UP TO A WET KITCHEN FLOOR,STRIPED IT ALL DOWN TO FIND SMALL PINHOLES IN THE BIG STEEL ASSEMBLEY WHICH IS SITUATED BELOW THE PUMP AND BEHIND THE DIVERTOR VALVE ,THE PRESSURE GAUGE IS ON IT AND IT IS LAGGED IN A FOIL INSULATING JACKET.TWO GIRLS HOME FROM UNI, THE YOUNGEST BOY S ALWAYS IN THE SHOWER !!!MANAGED TO FIX ALL LEAKS WITH EPOXY PUTY STICKS ,ALL BACK TOGETHER AND WORKING BUT I KEEP LOOSING PRESSURE AND LOOSING THE PILOT,IVE ALWAYS LOST PRESSURE BUT NOT THIS FAST.IF THERE IS A GOD OR MAYBE A WORCESTER MAN OR A TIDY BOILER MAN OUT THERE WHO COULD HELP ME OUT IDE BE VERY GRAETFULL.I AM A DUALSKILLED FOREMAN ELECTRICIAN WORKING FOR A welshwater UTILITY M&E DEPT,WHO WOULD ,COULD MORE THAN REPAY THIS FAVOUR

Sponsored Links
Blow off the pressure and get a foot pump onto the expansion vessle.

should be 0.75 - 1 bar. After this check that the PRV is not passing.

Maybe you still have a little leak some place that is evaporating with the heat??

A new tank is a days work plus 4/500 quid for the part...seriously if ever you were waitng for a sign this unit is dead then this is it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back