underfloor heating with boiler question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I have spent the last year re-furbing my house and i have installed john guest under floor heating with a new worcester bosch boiler and im just trying to get my head around something, now please bare with me as im new to this, but what im struggling to get my head around is how the underfloor heating tells the boiler to fire and pump, am i right in saying that when the pump for the underfloor heating system switches on , this automaticly turns on the boiler and tell it to pump, also does the pump for the UFH and the pump for the boiler always run at the same speed.
or is there just wiring from the UFH master control unit to the boiler to tell it to switch on

id also like to ad that im not doing any of the gas work as my friend is a corgi reg plumber, its just he hasn't delt with UFH before, ive done all of the water pipework and mounted the boiler, and i am liaising between him and my electrician,
its just i like to be clear in my head how something works before i do it,

i hope this makes scene

Thanks

jon

Sponsored Links
First things first, if your friend is Corgi registered that means naff all, Corgi hasn't been the authorised gas registration body for nearly three years. Have you seen his registration card?

Your thoughts on how the system works, however, are broadly correct. The programmable room thermostat calls for heat, which causes the wiring centre to open the actuator, turn on the pumps and fire the boiler. The boiler's pump will generally be fixed speed, but UFH pumps are often variable speed. Your electrician should understand all of this though, all you need to know is how to turn it on and off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back