Worcester Junior 28i Faulty Pcb Board

Sponsored Links
Fuse pcb or spur. That’s where I’d be starting.

Fuse pcb or spur. That’s where I’d be starting.
The fuses have been checked and are ok so that rules them out. There is 240v at the boiler connection so the 3 amp fuse at the spur has to be ok.

The fuses on the PCB board were checked with a multi meter and all showed ok.

The plug in transformer on the PCB board has been tested remotely and is giving the correct voltage outputs.

All the wiring going to the boiler has been checked for continuity.

That only really leaves the PCB board but the supplier said it was tested before dispatch so the engineer is baffled why after all these checks are showing correct but the boiler is still dead

Sponsored Links
You’ve answered the question yourself. Start there

The plug in transformer on the PCB board has been tested remotely and is giving the correct voltage outputs.
How did you manage that then ? Oops sorry how did your engineer manage to test the correct voltage on a disconnected transformer ?

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Switched off the supply, unplugged the transformer, had test leads on the input and checked the supply on output of the 4 pins, each pair was giving the correct output

Is it the blue or black transformer. How many fuses are on the board

Need resistances, get a new gas man. Sorry can’t help any more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back