Worcester oil heatslave 20/25 RSO 6 pin diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
I have had a read through previous post but can't get an answer. See what you guys can come up with.
Important info- 1 year ago I changed the PCB the replacement turned out to be a late model which has a 6 pin diverter valve connection. After a lot of reading and head scratching it became apparent the 5 pin plug from the diverter valve plugs on to the first five pins and the final pin on the pcb was not required to use the older diverter valve. Everything worked perfectly after it was all put back together.

Last week the diverter valve began to play up no HW at times and water hammer as the valve struggled to fully open. I tried a new motor with no improvement. Since the boiler is 16 years old a complete new diverter valve was about due. I went on to the Honeywell site found they did a V4044F or a V4044C so I searched the web and ordered a V4044f
When the valve arrived it became apparent that there are a number of versions of the "F" valve and the valve that arrived had 6 wires- So here is my question-
The single page data sheet with the new control board (8716146301) says it should be used with diverter valve 8716142449(web search does not come up with any results for that number!!!)
My new diverter valve is a V4044F1141 Will this work the new PCB?
The diverter wires are
Grey Switch
Orange Switch
White switch
Blue Motor
Brown Motor
Yellow/green Earth
Thanks for any suggestions?
Chris

Sponsored Links
Make safe the white wire, and connect the others colour for colour and it should work. The other numbers are all Worcester part numbers and to get all the plugs etc, you need to buy their product.

Cheers Oilhead I will give that a go next weekend. ( I have now read that that the 6 wire diverter valve has a SPDT end switch and the 5 wire has a SPST end switch so by removing the white from the system I can see where you are coming from)

Sponsored Links
Update. I changed the valve and made safe the extra white wire but the motor would not kick in when there was CH demand. So I took the head off the new valve (6 wire)and swapped it with the old head (5 wire) and I'm up and running again.
Cheers and thanks for all the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back