Worcester RF thermostat drops connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a worcester greenstar junior 28i
The boiler is situated in our garage which is attached to the house and we control it using an RF thermostat. I think the thermostat is part number is DT20RF.
The thermostat looks like a drayton digistat square two buttons either side of the screen and two below.
The receiver on the boiler is the one that allows you to program the hot water to preheat I always leave the water set to off as it heats fast enough anyway.

The system has been running fine for two years since installation. Now that the warranty has expired it has started playing up.
I come home from work and the house is cold, the thermostat displays the temperature in the house as 15°C and it feels like it. The flame symbol is showing on the thermostat indicating the thermostat thinks it is cold and the heating should be on. All the radiators are cold.
The display on the boiler shows that the receiver has lost contact with the thermostat, flashing CH, aerial symbol and :
If I turn the boiler off and on or if I remove the batteries from the thermostat and reinsert them the problem is resolved, the boiler fires up and the system continues on fine. At some point in the future the system will die again requiring another reset of the batteries in the stat.

Until tonight this had happened around 3 times in the last couple of weeks, this evening it has happened three times so far. I've tried changing the batteries and also re-establishing the connection between the two as per the instructions. So far nothing has helped.

Does anyone have any advice as to what to check next? If the stat is broken what are my options for a replacement?

Sponsored Links
I take it you managed to sort the problem out. I am having the exact same problem except for different boiler locations. What did you do to solve the problem...its driving me mad.

Thanks

Sorry, with mine the problem just cleared up on its own. I'm guessing it was some sort of localised interference..

Thanks for the prompt reply - Hope mine clears up too.......its driving me mad!

Sponsored Links
Sorry to bump this thread, but I'm having the same problem with the Greenstar 28i Junior.
My connection is dropping 2-3 times a night, I seem to be able to reset the issue by pressing the 'OK' button on the boiler panel.

Bob2805 did you manage to find a resolution to your problem. Anybody else able to help I'd greatly appreciate it.

Cheers
Stew

It very strangely went. I turned all the wifi equipment off in the house and took the batteries out of the transmitter then turned of the boiler for 10 minutes.

I turned the boiler back on and went through the manual as if putting a new transmitter back onto the system. I also replaced the batteries.

I then left it for a few hours and it worked fine. Then I started to turn on the wifi equipment one by one to see if there was a problem....none and the system has worked fine since.

At first I thought it was my new iMac - turned out it wasn't though...all fine at the minute!!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back