Worcester

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, again.

After another favour really. I'm still awaiting a response from an interview I had recently with Ideal and thought in the mean time I'd apply for a vacancy with worcester (not keeping eggs in one basket etc).

I have an interview soon and apparently have a 20 question tech test, does anyone have any idea what this test consists of and how indepth it is?

Your help is, again, greatly appreciated.

Al

Sponsored Links
Based on the standard of their engineers that must be a pretty basic test!

Of course you might be stretched but if I was doing the recruiting I would be testing for communication skills by asking questions like:-

Explain in no more than 200 words what the purpose and common faults are on a presure release valve?

Explain the function and common faults on an air pressure switch.

Explain how Bayes theorum assists fault finding in premix burner boilers.

Tony

CHRIS .Using bayes theorum i think your assumption of pillock is spot on :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Bayes WHAT?

Jaysus I am going to jack heating in if I need to undertsand

In probability theory, Bayes' theorem relates the conditional and marginal probabilities of two random events. It is often used to compute posterior probabilities given observations. For example, a patient may be observed to have certain symptoms. Bayes' theorem can be used to compute the probability that a proposed diagnosis is correct, given that observation. (see example 2)

"As a formal theorem, Bayes' theorem is valid in all interpretations of probability. However, it plays a central role in the debate around the foundations of statistics: frequentist and Bayesian interpretations disagree about the ways in which probabilities should be assigned in applications. Frequentists assign probabilities to random events according to their frequencies of occurrence or to subsets of populations as proportions of the whole, while Bayesians describe probabilities in terms of beliefs and degrees of uncertainty. The articles on Bayesian probability and frequentist probability discuss these debates at greater length"

I have read it twice and still dont understand it (gotta LOVE google Just call me Dr Drivel)

:)

or failing that
cow10.gif

as usual :rolleyes:

Its all about probability, using the information you have to hand, eg personal experience to guess a solution to a problem??

You use it every intermittant fault you have to 'maybe' get the correct part!

dunno

tony, most the worcester engineers i speak to seem to be pretty much on the ball..with reference to their own products..especially when you tell them what the fault is on warrantee callouts lol

Cheers for the info Tony. wondering if anyone has been through there recruitment process?

Al

Only guy i know that worked for worcester had to wear shoes with velcro fastenings as he would find tying shoe laces a bit too complicated so dont think the select process will be too difficult.

i have.

the questions are easy.

i didnt take the job.

Only guy i know that worked for worcester had to wear shoes with velcro fastenings as he would find tying shoe laces a bit too complicated so dont think the select process will be too difficult.

:LOL: I gotta wear shoes???

Well self employment is seriously p***ing me off, so working for a larger firm sounds a good plan, even if I've got to wear shoes, velcro or not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back