WORCESTER24cdI bf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I DRAINED DOWN MY SYSTEM TO FIT A TOWEL RAIL WHEN I HAVE TRIED TO RESTART THE BOILER I IGNITES FOR A ABOUT 30SECONDS CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE :(

Sponsored Links
Is the auto air vent cap open on the top of the boiler l/h/s?, may well need replacing.

Did you properly refill or repressurise your boiler????????

air vent has cap off and splaterings of dirty water stains all over the casing.
yes filled system up as normal and bleed al rads before try to staart system

Sponsored Links
What lights do you have showing on the front of the boiler, and what are they doing ! Flashing, constant or what.

Dave.

when i try to light the boiler the green light comes on the heating light comes on the burner liht comes on and then after about 30 seconds the burner goes out but pump runs on.

Does the ch light flash slowley after the failred ignition. Did you alter any external electrics or gas when fitting the towel rail ?

the c/h light stays on does not flicker i have changed nothing all i did was drain down swop a radiator for a towel rail fill the system up bleed the rads and now nothing!

In that case its probly reached temp on the primary stat so you eaither have an air lock or your pump has stuck.Try removeing the crome screw on the front of the pump (it will dribble water so have a cloth under it) and turn the shaft with a small screwdriver to free it this will also release any air trapped in the pump.If its a pressurised system take the pressure upto 1.5 bar you can drop it back down to 1 later after iits circulateing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back