worcestor 24i no flame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all got a problem with my combi.
getting no flame, i've got a slow flashing radiator light on the front of the boiler, ignition is working getting a good spark. I have found the installation and servicing manual and gone through the procedure but i am not sure at this part, it states remove st 16 connector and test resistance of the contacts of 7 and 8 the brown wires and 9 and 10 (violet wires), are both reading below 100 ohms.
when it says contacts does this mean the contacts on the circuit board or the actual wires themselves which would be testing the gas valve windings.
if its the latter then im going to need a corgi fitter.
thanks

Sponsored Links
check the wires themselves. what you are doing is checking the resistance of the gas valve solenoids which one will more than likely be an open circuit and the valve will need replacing

if your not corgi registered u shouldnt even have the case of that boiler to even know what colour the wires are sparkie or handy man!!! :eek:

Sponsored Links
Ok checked the solenoids on the gas valve, got a reading below 100 ohms.
I decided to check with another multimeter and found one of the solenoids open circuit. Seems my fluke meter was a bit sensitive.
So that looks to be the problem. I have a corgi man coming out tomorrow.
Hi technical engineer, I was only testing the electrical side of the boiler, I was under the impression that it was only the gas side that was covered by Corgi.
thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back