Worcestor Bosch Heatslave lockout problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gents, I hope someone can offer some assistance!

We have a Worcester Bosch oil heatslave 18/25 in our office, this morning it has decided to lock out. These are the symptoms leading up to the lockout;

The boiler fan runs
it seems to ignite for a few seconds
then it goes out with the fan still running
This goes on for a few times, only ever running for a few seconds
Eventually it locks out

I have checked the oil is there and we have not run out. I removed the flexi hose from the oil pump return and there is plenty of oil there. I checked the flame sensor that is clean. I also took the front off the firebox and hoovered it all out....this was dry, so it seems to me to be a fuel feed problem( I presume the base would be wet if it was an ignition fault). So what do I check now!!!???

Any help very much appreciated

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is the oil pump pressure fluctuating, has it been serviced recently and has it had a new nozzle fitted?

spraggo

"I have checked the oil is there and we have not run out. I removed the flexi hose from the oil pump return"..
if there is a oil line on the return does that mean that you have 2 oil flexihoses? as this may indicate a "tiger loop", if thats the case it could be a number of things, tiger loop failure, oil pump worn, & although the "light sensor" (photocell) is clean it could be "open circuit" sounds like you need an oftec engineer to investigate,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back