Worcestor Bosch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me first hand experience - how do these boilers fare against the likes of Potterton, Biasi and so on. Am looking for a good combi boiler..? thanks

Sponsored Links
The word is they're not bad. By the way did you know there's someone impersonating you somewhere on this forum asking about cheap boilers?

WB are good, Vaillant are better, especially in London where the water is hard.

What difference does that make gas? They both use a secondary plate. As for primary side I've always been led to believe soft water to be worse - high acidity or something etc..

Sponsored Links
sdeferranti said:
Can anyone tell me first hand experience - how do these boilers fare against the likes of Potterton, Biasi and so on. Am looking for a good combi boiler..? thanks

Better than Pott or Biasi. Not as good as Atmos, Atag, Viessmann. The most reliable as it has few components is the Amtos Intercombi - over to Dan.

Nixt said:
What difference does that make gas? They both use a secondary plate. As for primary side I've always been led to believe soft water to be worse - high acidity or something etc..

Vaillant offer a 5 year warranty on the plate heat exchanger against scale build up, so no need for external scale inhibitors.

Artificially softened water is bad for radiators and alumimium HE, as you say it will rot them eventually.

Again, I thought they all offer 5 years on the plate (might be 6 years from Alpha).

I stand corrected :oops: Don't know how they can offer a 10 year warranty on primary HE if its aluminium though. I thought they would have gone for the better stainless steel.

biasi's m96(Riva compact he) are very good valve for money. They have a good in warrantee reliability record at the moment. it also has a stainless steel second HX

but i does not matter what ever boiler you get, if fitted by a poor installer it will not last or work to it's best

worcester are very good and thats really all i fit working for british gas valliant are probably that little bit better tho

worcester are very good and thats really all i fit working for british gas valliant are probably that little bit better tho
Just out of morbid curiosity ... How do you know if you only ever fit Worcester :LOL:

MW

Wb now offering 5 year warranty on boiler depending on who you get to fit it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back