worchester 28i combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just had a new worchester greenstar 28i fitted, all radiators where replaced but existing pipework was used.

Everything is working fine and is sooooo much better than the old boiler we had, but, when filling the bath using the hot tap, it fills ok but if i put the cold tap on at the same time the hot tap only trickles out is this right.

The reason for this question is that we are getting a new bathroom fitted soon and i wanted a mixer tap on the bath, but dont think it will work due to the tap situation.

i dont want to call anyone out just yet incase this is how it works if u know wat i mean lol

i am not used to a combi boiler as we had a very old system, boiler with a hotwater tank.

thanks

JUliex

Sponsored Links
Combis rely on incoming water, if there's not enough coming in you will lose some from hot tap when using the cold. You should have been told about this before the boiler was fitted.

thanks for the quick reply twgas

We didn't have an option to discuss the new boiler as it is a housing association property, we just got a phone call to say ur getting boiler and radiators fitted in 2 weeks lol, as i said its much better than the old system!!!!

But they are upgrading the bathroom in 4 weeks, and putting a mixer shower tap on the bath, will this work for the shower part seeing as i cant put both taps on together, or will the pressure be to low to use the shower attachment, cant see the point of having it if it wont work

thanks in advance

Juleix

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back