Worchester Bosch 28i Junior OR 30CDi?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Planning on getting a new combi boiler installed and after requesting quotes for Worchester Bosch models, both the 28i & 30CDi have been suggested.

My house (3 bed with loft conversion and utility room extension)

1 Bathroom (w/shower running off the boiler)
11 Rads

Had a look around and it seems the 30CDi is the top level model, but I've been quoted an extra £200 for it over the 28i, so wanted views on whether it is worth it?

I was thinking the slightly higher kw rating and (I think) superior parts over the 28i would make it worthwhile (especially if I extend the house and need one or two more rads)
Reliability is my primary requirement thou

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Cdi is far superior to the I-series, well worth the money. After all, £200 is only around 10% of the whole job

i would have the CDi over the junior too. still dont think either are particularly reliable though. ive seen more juniors fail than CDi's but there are not that many CDi's installed round here.

sorry but this is a really poor and pretty much pointless posting by me :LOL:

cdi is the best but try a 30si as this will split the difference in price if not spec

Sponsored Links
Most installers would be suggesting a Vaillant boiler rather than Worcester for a powerful combi.

They are a little more expensive but so fasr seem a little more reliable.

The Viessmann boilers are one of the most reliable though.

Tony

One bathroom,so as the junior will do exactly the same on heating side,and you have the normal amount of h/w draw offs a 24 i junior would do it but as you mention 28 i,that will be plenty,ive fitted over 200 24/28 i juniors since they came out around 2003 - 04 and are great boilers,the cdi range is better again but its very slight in the difference in h/water

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back