Worcs Greenstar problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i've got a problem with a Grenstar 30HE combi that i would like some opinions on. Basically what happens is when a hot tap is turned on the boiler fires normally and works perfectly well untill a cold tap is turned on while the hot tap is still running. As soon as a cold tap is turned on the flow switch lowers itself back onto the microswitch and the burner shuts off. The water pressure seems fine throughout the house and the pressure still seems ok even with more than one tap is running. I suspect it's probably just a duff flow switch which seems to be a large spring on this model but I wondered what the superior minds thought on here?

Sponsored Links
You'll have to wait for the superior minds. :oops:
In the meantime measure the actual flow through the combi/hot tap while that other tap is on. I don't know the figure offhand but I would expect the flow switch to operate with as low as 2 - 3 litres/ minute.

Thanks Chris, the flow rate is definitely still good enough in my opinion to operate the flow switch so I think it may well be a stiff spring on the flow switch which is the culprit. I can't really think of anything else it could be as the pressure seems adequate with both taps running.

Sponsored Links
Not a stiff spring, other faults are much more likely! Maybe a holed diaphragm 87005030500. Bit young perhaps for that, but...
Suggest you have a look in there, may need volumetric flow regulator kit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back