Bath cold tap just dribbles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a combi boiler and my bath has a mixer tap. There seems to have developed some kind of blockage to the cold tap (even though the cold flow to the sink is fine). I run the bath by first opening only the hot tap but when the water in the bath gets too hot I open the cold but this doesn't allow any cold water to come through. So I have to turn off the hot tap, which shows that nothing is coming out of the cold, and then fiddle about with the cold tap until eventually some cold water comes through but with not much pressure behind it.

Anybody got any idea what the problem might be? Is it likely to be a problem with the tap itself or could it be a problem with the boiler?

Sponsored Links
Take the tap off and flush it through backwards and shake it. We had exactly the same and it was just full of foreign material.
You might be able to just isolate and take the head off to clean if it's an old school tap with a rubber washers and seat.

Take the tap off and flush it through backwards and shake it. We had exactly the same and it was just full of foreign material.
You might be able to just isolate and take the head off to clean if it's an old school tap with a rubber washers and seat.

Will try that, thank you.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back