Words Fail Me

• Thread starter cumbriahandyman
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
the government owen most of the bank so they should take it away from them, and do something useful with it, like foreign aid or to boos up their expenses :eek:

Sponsored Links
whilst its popular and in a lot off cases justifiable to knock the banks we need to remember the people on the shop floor often get fairly poor basic wages with commission on sales making up the wages

if you work for a company and pull out record sales but the company makes a loss
should they be allowed to break the contract and deprive you off what you have fairly and squarely earned :cry: :cry:

So the amount in bonuses that the 'tax payers' bank made....could pay the salary for approx 50'000 NHS staff that the government are going to be making redundant!

Typical of this bunch of clowns in charge!

the government owen most of the bank so they should take it away from them, and do something useful with it, like foreign aid

Dunno Merlin, the government have recently committed a vast amount of aid to India. A country that has their own nuclear weapons program. a space program, and is one of the fastest developing economies in the world.
Personally, I'd like to see all foreign aid stopped, at least whilst we pull ourselves out of the recession. It's no good throwing money abroad, in the hope that British manufacturing etc (what a joke) get some orders from these other countries.

the government owen most of the bank so they should take it away from them, and do something useful with it, like foreign aid

Dunno Merlin, the government have recently committed a vast amount of aid to India. A country that has their own nuclear weapons program. a space program, and is one of the fastest developing economies in the world.
Personally, I'd like to see all foreign aid stopped, at least whilst we pull ourselves out of the recession. It's no good throwing money abroad, in the hope that British manufacturing etc (what a joke) get some orders from these other countries.
it was a joke! i would stop all foregin aid as this country is in a worse mess than the places we send it to

this country is in a worse mess than the places we send it to

While I agree with you to a point, about the foreign aid thing, I disagree entirely with this part. We are still one of the richest nations in the world (although that wealth is unevenly distributed)

the government owen most of the bank so they should take it away from them, and do something useful with it, like foreign aid or to boos up their expenses :eek:

You mean WE own it?

No the government own it. The government took your taxes, it's now theirs to do what they want with.
The phrase 'owned by the taxpayer' is just a little sweetener to make you think you're getting your money's worth.
(you're not BTW)

So the amount in bonuses that the 'tax payers' bank made....could pay the salary for approx 50'000 NHS staff that the government are going to be making redundant!

Typical of this bunch of clowns in charge!

This comment pretty much sums it up, but I don't think I would be calling them clowns that's too polite!!!

My thought regarding low paid staff getting their bonus, yes that's fair but anyone earning over a certain amount should not get it how simple does that sound!!!

[You mean WE own it?

No the government own it. The phrase 'owned by the taxpayer' is just a little sweetener to make you think you're getting your money's worth.
()[/quote] What like British Gas used to be - and British Rail - etc. etc. Long live the Free Market Economy :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back