Astra J 2011 2.0 Diesel constant issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I bought an Astra J 2011 plate in Feb, after only a few weeks the car failed on me resulting in an engine replacement, as this was a private sale I was told by Citizens Advise the seller was not responsible due to 'sold as seen'. Since the engine replacement, I have had 2 water leaks and a DPF failure, it just seems that everything that could go wrong, does go wrong. Is it worth me continuously paying out for repairs, is this down to poor workmanship or should I cut my losses and get rid?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
You dont specify what caused the engine to fail?
Anyway, water leaks are usually easy to sort, and the dpf is a scourge of many diesels.
I'd try to get a few more miles from it just to recover some of your expenditure if possible. I can't say anything about the workmanship yet but there seems little connection so far.
John

Its 11 years old so there will be parts wearing out and that will need replacing. Get a reliable garage to check it over, service it and replace any suspect items. Or get someone who is familiar with working on cars to help you do it.

You don't tell us how many miles its done.

Appreciate things go wrong due to the age, the car has just over 107,000 miles. The engine failure was down to an oil pressure issue, the turbo failed resulting in an engine replacement. Maybe I am just having bad luck, thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
Use it and fix the problems as they arise. With regular servicing it may well prove to be reliable. Long runs will keep the dpf clean and you can always add some dpf cleaner to a tank of fuel.

Back