Work boots - what are yours and why ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like recommendations on a good pair of boots. They don't need to be steel toe cap boots, but that would be a welcome bonus!

They should look professional, and most importantly MUST be comfortable. Boots I can wear for 9-10 hours a day without making my feel scream with pain.

The only footwear I've ever been truly comfortable in have been trainers, but they don't look very good in front of clients.

Many thanks for help and advice on this guys.

Sponsored Links
Do you mostly stand when working, or on knees a lot etc? Do you want, or need, boots or shoe type.

I think you need to try boots on, everybody's feet are different and suit different types but personally I like Stanley boots, sizes suit my feet

Best shoes or boots I've ever had. I've paid alot more for a lot less.

Lite and waterproof (unless you buy tye sandles)

Sponsored Links
I have tried expensive boots, always had to replace the insoles with some gel ones.
In general they are too heavy, as I'm a bench hand I only need to have the trainer type with the plastic toe cap, I got mine from Asda last year, they will last me a few more months until I need to replace them (work pays).

Although I keep a pair of V12 boots in the back of the car I don't think I will go back to those and always use safety trainers from now on.
IMO It all depends upon the dangers where you are working what type you should have.

Doing site carpentry I’ve switched from boots to trainers.

boots aren’t very flexible for work that needs lots of kneeling

I can’t remember which make I have, they came from Screwstationtoolfix…

Back