Work boots... which ?

Sponsored Links
got a cheap pair of steel toe capped shoes at lidl supermarket £8 had them a year and drive all day in them and still going strong
why spend loads when you dont have to get cheap jeans from asda £ 3 a pair good enough to wear to work and if you rip them your not to worried about the cost
all you are mainly paying for is the brand name yes you pay more for comfort but hey times are hard

I'm with you jeepman. I've survived on cheapish boots for years. but I thought I'd treat myself to to what I thought was the rolls royce of work shoes , but unfortunately they turned out to be ladas or what ever's lame in the car world these days.
ps. I've seen those lidle boots. Not too sure they'd survive serious hard labour

Sponsored Links
Wickes - how they gonna stop you trying them on?

Screwfix - I regularly open whatever i'm getting straight away before leaving the 'counter and if it's no good return it immediately. Never had a problem. Not so good if you're getting stuff delivered and the nearest counter is miles away right enough.

You said you wore Timberlands, why not just buying another pair? Catepillar and DeWalt work safety boots are also of good quality. I personally wear Timberlands, just liked them for many years.

I've had dewalt boots for the last 3 years as at least they are comfortable, durable they are not. i buy them in pairs (alright pairs of pairs) and alternate them so they dry out/air between uses, i have never applied polish i admit, however dewalt (i am told) only guarantee them for 3 months. the 3 pairs i have at the moment all leak, one pair i can't wear as the insole is so buckled it's not worth the pain, and the other 2 pairs the stitching is well on it's way out.

i do not recommend dewalt.

thanks for the info in this thread, i'll venture out and try some others now that people have given some opinions. Wickes sounds like a winner, for £39 i'll give them a go. cheers for the tip.[/u]

I've got Makitas, they're ok. Had some cheapies from Shoe Zone, they were not bad, but my feet were wringing by the end of the day, whereas these Makitas keep my feet cooler :)

the most popular boot on my last 4 sites has been the karrimor tan or black boot from soccer direct or sports direct? for £19.99.
im on my third pair and every one seems to be wearing them, light as a feather and really comfortable from the word go.
check them out on the karrimor stand in the shop, im surprised no ones mentioned them yet

I have had the DeWalt safety trainer and I am well pleased with them, I got six months solid 6 days a week wear from my last set.

Mine were £45 + VAT from Makro.

Can't comment on their powertools.

DH

i won a pair of Dickies Tamar boots a couple of months ago, i returned the product enquiry card in free plumbing magazine from merchants, well chuffed with them they are very comfy to wear all day

i won a pair last year, they are SUPERB boots, would recommend them

Those of you unhappy with the Timberlands- are you talking about Timberland Pro???

I love them- first found them in the States back in 1991.

I must admit that I prefer the build quality of the pairs that I got in the States over the ones made by the french firm this side of the Atlantic.

The USA versions were even rated to 600v.

Perversely I wear them to and from work and wear converse on site.

which ever boot you are buying have a look at http://www.javari.co.uk
free delivery and their prices are reasonable. I ordered my dewaalts from there and it was still free delivery to france

We are supplied with boots and ppe. However, the boots we get are branded as "Warrior" and are just rubbish really. My current ones are only about four or five months old and the sole is parting from the upper already. One boot has lost it's plate in the sole which broke and worked its way out, the laces last about a week, although I personally find the boots comfortable others don't.
In addition and slightly off topic our hi vis jackets fair no better. They are also branded Warrior and the stiching fails quickly . Seams open up and the reflective strips fall off after only a few months.
:cry: :cry:

Most comfy boot I've had/still got are my Dewalt Bevel's. This is their 3rd year and they are still going strong. Never leaked either. Cost me about £40 if I remember correctly.

Sponsored Links
Back