Boots

S

SammyInnit

Time has arrived again for a new pair of boots but not sure what to try. Currently I have a pair of Timberland pro 6" which were alright but now are feeling very hard and make my feet ache quite a bit.

Last pair was DeWalt Challenger 3 which were probably some of the most comfortable I had but didn't last anywhere near as long as the Timberlands and they weren't much cheaper.

Any recommendations?

Sponsored Links
We wear disposable riggers, they are comfy and water proof for a week. We get a new pair after 6 months when we threaten to leave.

Can't wear riggers; my job has me doing a lot of climbing so they're not practical.

I've had several V12 boots for many years now, always with welted soles and all leather - not with any PU cushions around the top witch always rip quite soon. Each pair have been great quality, have lasted years, and were comfortable.

The current pair dont even have any leather left around the caps, just the shiney metal caps but are still good if a little trampy looking. The model is discontinued unfortuantely, which is why I have not got a replacement yet, but it will be V12 again when the time comes.

Sponsored Links
Riggers? May as well wear cowboy boots.

Riggers and tracky bottoms and you can GTFO of my site.

I've had several V12 boots for many years now, always with welted soles and all leather - not with any PU cushions around the top witch always rip quite soon. Each pair have been great quality, have lasted years, and were comfortable.

The current pair dont even have any leather left around the caps, just the shiney metal caps but are still good if a little trampy looking. The model is discontinued unfortuantely, which is why I have not got a replacement yet, but it will be V12 again when the time comes.

I always assumed V12s were the bulk buy type of boots the direct lads got. I'll have a look at them.

A pair of Pezzol Kyle II Black Chukka Safety Boots. Very comfortable and waterproof, but a pain to put on.

Some of the other Pezzols look much easier to put on, so may try them next time, if we're allowed. We have a limited range allowed on site, and certainly not allowed to have riggers, as they don't support your ankles.

I go for Caterpillar. Always found them to be comfortable for about 12 months then stick a gel insole in and usually last another 12 months before we are allowed a new pair. Never worn a pair out yet!

Hello Sammy

I now spend a little more on boots. These Cofra have been far the better than what you can buy from screw fix ect ect..

Has a job in London were the basement was under 3 inches of water. I was about the only one who's feet where still dry...

http://www.cofra.it/en/

Sponsored Links
Back