work top help

Sponsored Links
yeah get him back to rectify his crap job,at his espense or make sure he carrys out a decent repair job at least.

I like this picture, it makes me feel like a world champion tradesman. Seriously get him back in and get him to replace it. I wouldn't even accept a repair, its not like it's a little chip.
Hope you mange to get it sorted.

Sponsored Links
HIS CHOICES
router out 3 staves 12mm deep and staggered
rip through an offcut 3 staves[plus 2mm wide] 13mm deep and several inches to long
square up the edges off the routerd staves cut the staves to length individualy or as a lump
sand with a slight taper to fit tightly

your offcut must be stored in simmilar conditiond to the worktop otherwise cracks will soon appear
glue and clamp into place leave for 3 days then sand smooth 'the area must not be used in his time

oil 3 time before use

other choices replace 1 stave choose a dark filler that will take oil and stain tint to match the small overlap on each side

Hardly worth making a fuss over imo.
As its filled with fillers already just paint it brown.
Simples. :rolleyes:

Big difference in a brand new car and a plank. :rolleyes:

There you go, all nice and fixed.............

teakpaint2.gif

wonder if the installer worries about the standard of his work in general,mmmmmmm very much doubt it going by this top notch installation,bet he has a very lack lustre approach to everything.
personally i wouldnt of had the gonads to approach a customer and say this job is done what do you think and i want my cash.but it allways amazes me these are the peeps who allways seem to be really busy,but all they do is give genuine decent tradesmen/woman a bad name.

He's obviously cut the hole out for the sink without supporting the board so when he's come to the end of the cut it's just cracked off and fell down the hole. Why didn't he take the time to neatly cut off the bit's hanging onto the waste section and re-glue them with Araldite?

is it actually solid teak? Not veneer or laminate?

Completely acceptable. Cheap and cheerful does me.
My whole home is a bodge (But I own it outright with no help from mortgage or loans) and it would fit right in.
A home is nothing more than a roof over your head imo and as long as I have logs for the open fire I'm happy. :D
Heck if it got too cold I could just burn the work top. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back