Working for British gas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone got any experience of working for British gas? I know there was an issue with the contracts a while back. I was looking at the heat pump installer jobs they are advertising. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Did you use to work for them? I'm apprehensive after they got rid of loads of people due to the new contracts

Sponsored Links
Everyone will give you a different opinion . Got mates still at BG who say it was only the lazy work shirkers that got upset about the new contracts and they are making far more money out of the new contracts .Like all big companies you will always get shyte coming down from higher management .
If your going into just heat pumps installation then i would say you would not be getting any hassle for sell ons as product is already sold
The benefits of working for them are good pension , cheap, free shares , sick pay good paid holidays etc etc

Thank yes would be heat pump installation.
go for it then you have nothing to lose and everything to gain if you dont like it walk away . Biggest bugbear will prob be whoever orders the mats if they get it right or not

Thanks I wonder how it will work, it's obviously not a in and out in day to swap to a air source heat pump

Thanks I wonder how it will work, it's obviously not a in and out in day to swap to a air source heat pump
The difference is , if you are doing it self employed and you order the materials and on delivery there is a problem , you have to sort it, if working for BG and there is a problem then its up to them to sort it, you can sit in the van while they sort it, now dont be nicking anything and calling the office and saying it wasnt delivered :LOL:

What is it like 8 15mm elbows to do the job? There not too strict I hope

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back