DSC00589.jpg

DSC00585.jpg

DSC00587.jpg

DSC00614.jpg

DSC00592.jpg

all done and dusted ready for the new floor friday finght
skimed it on me tod day half still got the coving and skirts

Sponsored Links
Good on you mucka ;) I have been in the building trade for over 30 years and I still let the joiner do the skirting boards. Why dont you let the joiners do the skirts? You can be gettin' on with somethin' else? ;)

Sponsored Links
plasterd round the radiator brackets and the skirts were in the price with the coving and skimming and the new floor

I like the pic with the laser showing how plumb the door reveal is. Just shows you how good the old plasterer's were at doing reveals from scratch. As all a skimmer has to do nowadays, is stick a thin coat bead over the original plasterer's work, skim over what "he" did, and call it your own.

haha just had a mental image of what i imagin roughcaster looks like sitting at his computer reminising bout the good old days with a single tear rolling down his cheek :LOL: :LOL:

door reveals were **** m8 all out and i had to use stop bead all round them and plumb my own work up and the walls are out too round the doors propper pain in my arse that was

Not at all JR,, but the original work is what you call plastering. Tarting up what's already there is not. And the good old days,, i can still do it that way too,,, taught in Hampshire. ;)

if the door linings are a sign of the past plasterers then **** me im in the right trade then to put them all right
LOL

I like the pic with the laser showing how plumb the door reveal is. Just shows you how good the old plasterer's were at doing reveals from scratch. As all a skimmer has to do nowadays, is stick a thin coat bead over the original plasterer's work, skim over what "he" did, and call it your own.

Sign of the times mucka I'm still using lines and levels ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back