Working outside toilet - DIY Newbie looking for guidance for painting.

i do thinks its a bit unfair to suggest "more simple" more basic standards off Finnish or a reduced level off hygiene in a outside scenario is a reason to do more than say " be careful " because??
as in my mind sterilization off every germ causes far more problems in the long term overall with reduced infection fighting ability ??? but just my thoughts

Sponsored Links
Here is a packaged distemper paint being advertised on eBay. I kid you not, but there was one ironmongert in town where they had the stuff in barrels and you bought it loose, measured out on the scales in a bag. I can't believe what they want for it. Even so, it's a lot cheaper than Farrow & Bali (£70 a can), and for the real deal, too
One of the layers that I’m removing looks very similar to the April Green in that example!

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
One of the layers that I’m removing looks very similar to the April Green in that example!
I did check last night - the firm who made that (C B Parsons) still exist, in Ashby-de-la -Zouch. Couldn't find a web site for them, though

Sponsored Links
If you just want a consolidated surface that isn't peeling and flaking, what we did was wire brush all the loose stuff and then paint on a slurry of SBR and cement with a splash of water added. This dries solid and sticks like ****. Followed up with a coat of smooth masonry paint. I think ours was worse than yours - sandy mortar, spalling brick, old paint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back