Workshop electrics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was bored so I copy and pasted all sheddys drivel and nonsense into word.

It came to 68 A4 pages, 34,828 words and 3,395 lines and he thinks thats a useful contribution to this post. :LOL: :LOL:

And also that someone is actually going to read it, he's barking.

As he's the only one with this moronic style of posting, would it be a good idea to limit the size of individual posts to say one A4 sheet plus quotes or images. I'm sure that would be enough for more than 99% of posts and would stop maniacal copy and pasting.

Sponsored Links
BAS

Give it a rest - no one is reading your war and peace posts - they are just shaking there heads thinking this guy is unbelieveable

they are just shaking there heads thinking this guy is unbelieveable
The person of whom they should be thinking that is the one promulgating truly looney-tunes "interpretations" of the Building Regulations and Approved Document P, and giving people dangerous advice, and refusing to answer any questions which might help us to make some sense of what he appears to believe or might help him see the error of his ways.

The problem is that when false accusations of rewriting people's words into something wrong are levelled against me I have to quote the original words to show what they really were.

And the whole topic could have been a lot shorter if Stoday had actually answered the questions the first time.

Sponsored Links
I've started to lose track of who said what on this tiresome thread, but someone, somewhere, said that the terms DB and CU are synonymous - or the two are one and the same (or words to that effect).

This isn't true of course, because a DB is entirely different to a domestic CU, so electricians shouln't confuse the two. An ordinary (small) dwelling house wouldn't normally have a DB. A DB, in its usual setting, more often than not, has no main switch - just a series of fuses or cb's.

Stoday is quite incorrect to suggest this naive means of evading Notificatication, and BAS is correct in pointing it out: but it's the manner of doing so that seems to count here: 'Stods' made a rather silly and flippant suggestion, but BAS reacted to it in such a vehement and characteristically ill-humoured, indignant way.

BAS isn't paid to enforce the B.Regs. He clearly does it voluntarily out of a sincere sense of civic duty - and perhaps a need to prove his intellectual superiority. But, Christ! Doesn't he go on and on!

Lucia.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back