Worktop rejuvenation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

What do you treat a faded, scratched worktop with to get it looking new and shiny again?

And not quite the right place, but what's the equivalent for stainless steel (my sink looks crap)?

Suggestions for places to purchase very welcome, too. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Stainless steel, use white vinegar (about 50p in my local Asda's) and a microfibre cloth. What sort of worktop is it? If 'normal' laminate then not much you can do but keep it clean and use a chopping board.

quiksilver911 said:
Hi,

Thanks for the white vinegar suggestion, I'll give it a go.

The worktop is the standard laminate stuff.

that suggestion is for stainless
use it on normal laminate it will get worse :cry:

Sponsored Links
Try giving your worktop a spray over with WD40 ( :eek: I know) but we often use it after finishing a kitchen and it brings the shine right up.

It won't provide a long term solution, but a quick spray - wipe around with dry kitchen roll and it'll look good for while, it only takes a couple of minutes so you can do it every day without too much trouble.

Unfortunately there is no method of regenerating tired worktops, when they're gone - they're gone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back