Worktop supports attached to the wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IS there any better or worse timber to use to fix to the ewall and then attach the worktop to. The worktop will of course be on base units but would like to put in some rear support between the two ends of base unit. Any thoughts on best timber to use?

Sponsored Links
you dont normaly fix a batton to the wall as they get in the way and cause complication as you cant install a batton with the units in place and the last thing you want when you have all your units in and level is to remove them all to fit unnesisery battons which you cannot screw into anyway

you just firmly attach the base units then you install the top to the base units an silicone to the wall

Thanks big-all. Your are right after closer inspection batons would not fit. Howver the kitchen sink unit has had to be a little further from the wall than the rest and a baton would fit, still any point fixing one if I can? I have to fit a baton there anyway so I can fix the bracket to the unit/wall.

it will interfere with getting to the taps for instilation ;)
the frame off the carcase should also be there

Sponsored Links
I am coming across stupid I can tell. I will post a photo. Basically we have a waste/soil pipe in one corner of the kitchen and it was either have th unit a little further away from the wall therefore not interfering with the pipe or try and cut the unit round it and lose structural integrity of the cupboard. Therefore the basic unit is actually some 80 mm from the wall. So including the service gap there is a gap of around 150mm. So there would be enough space to fix a baton and still getinto the standard service gap.

what width are your worktops they are usualy around 610 ish with the base units around 580 ish you dont have more than 10mm to spare usualy so not shure how your 80mm will fit in :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If the waste pipe is in a corner, you may well get away with cutting the base unit around it without losing too much structural integrity. If your base units return around the corner, a bit of forward planning might mean that you dont have to cut any units at all as most corner units stop around 110mm short of the wall. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back