Worktop vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need to fit a vent to the rear of a fitted worktop (worktop already installed). I've not used a router before and do not want to damage the worktop, so any advice would be useful!

Thanks
Ian

Sponsored Links
you wont get closer than around 2-3" from the wall with a router how close to the wall do you want the vent ??

you will need a 1/2" worktop bit and a 1/2" router and a handmade jig to control the router

you could cut to within 5mm with a jigsaw and finnish with a router in one or 2 passes or a series off 6-7mmmm deep passes

Sponsored Links
Hi, I need to fit a vent to the rear of a fitted worktop (worktop already installed). I've not used a router before and do not want to damage the worktop, so any advice would be useful!

Thanks
Ian
Could I ask why the vent?

The worktop does not at present have the fridge beneath it. My intention is to put the fridge beneath it and add cupboards to each side thus reduce natural ventilation. Having considered what has been said I think I'll use my jigsaw and be careful!!!!

Thanks

Ian

You don't vent fridges thru the worktop, asking for trouble, they only need space around them and vent below in kickpanel if built in.

Interesting. The manual on the fridge (and others) all state that for best efficiency when fitted beneath a worktop a vent should be installed. I'm going to fit a small vent anyway as I cannot see that it will do any harm and can only help in improving the efficiency of the heat exchanger.

Thanks
Ian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back