World Holocaust Day

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
27th January is the date.

In preparation for this, has anyone any particular anecdotes or stories or indeed questions pertaining to this topic?

I ask since (without wanting to get into any religious or related insult argument), given the state of play in those countries with Mediterranean borders, would it be fair to question whether the Nazis focused on the wrong nations?

Sponsored Links
27th January is the date.

In preparation for this, has anyone any particular anecdotes or stories or indeed questions pertaining to this topic?

I ask since (without wanting to get into any religious or related insult argument), given the state of play in those countries with Mediterranean borders, would it be fair to question whether the Nazis focused on the wrong nations?

Can you clarify a bit?

Sponsored Links
I'm sort of suggesting that maybe arabs are the greater evil.

I have every admiration for the Israelis, being that they are surrounded by arab states that hate them and would do anything to overrun them if they could.

I'm afraid that what I'd like to say about a certain religion, which encompasses races other than arabs, would instantly result in this thread being deleted.

From what I remember of history (which isn't a lot), the Nazis needed scapegoats for all the problems they were having at home. Jews were readily identifiable, which made them an easy target. So too were negroes and gypsies. Communists and homosexuals would have been harder to find but that didn't stop them from trying. If arabs didn't figure prominently in the death camps, that can only have been because there weren't many of them in Germany at the time.

Its a sad and horrible time in Jewish & German history but lets not forget the suffering of all people in this dark part of history.

what I find most sad is how we focus on just what happen to the Jews in the second world war. the Chinese lost an estimated 20 million people at the hands of the Japanese and the massacres such as the Rape of Nanking. which killed 300,000 in looting and the mass raping of Chinese women.

what is most sad is the denial that many of the japanese people have over these war crimes.

In 2011 David Cameron gave a "British Hero" medal to a bloke called Denis Avey, Avey had written a book called "The man who broke into Auschwitz" the book was at the time known to be a fraud yet Cameron still gave this guy a medal, is it any wonder people are sceptical.

Hitler and the Holocaust atrocities continue to fascinate people and they're are highly entertaining. Who cares if they're always truthful?

After the recent high profile events like 9/11 and many more, I find hard to believe any propaganda stories given by any one or that of in the past. They need to be investigated properly as we have technology and capability to bring all black and white to people rather than fooling them with stories that keep them under control and restrict their freedom of expression.

I.believe that the history of atrocity propaganda should be on the school curriculum so that ordinary people can spot a porky pie when they see one. Maybe that way more wars can be avoided. The. Iraq war was a blatent example of the fabrication of evidence to justify war.

Sponsored Links
Back