World war 3 ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well here we go again. Russia has said it will shoot down any missiles fired at Syria in response to the, alleged, Syrian gas attack on civilians and target the launch sites. Trump has, basically, said the missiles are coming, bring it on Russia. For all of my life I have been on tenterhooks waiting for WWIII to start. We have nearly been there on numerous occasions over the last 60 odd years that I know of. I do not know how to stop countries from doing what they do to their populations, I wish I did. No amount of religeous fervour seems to invoke any entities to help so, as far as I am concerned, that is a waste of time. What I do know is that if WWIII starts there will be no viable survivours anywhere and possibly, hopefully, that will be enough for the perps to think again otherwise goodbye world.

Sponsored Links
Trump and the rest of the elite have luxury nuclear bunkers reserved for themselves ,the rest of the serfs will have to make do with the old tin hat from attic and hid themselves under the kitchen table.

It seems a strange response to Assad (if true) that the punishment for killing lots of people is killing lots of people.

Hmm what happens if the USA & Russia declare war. Both are permanent members of the U.N., So other UN members are "duty bound" to come to their aid. How is decided it which side you are "duty bound" to fight for?

Sponsored Links
Pete calm down mate and go for a walk. If you happen to see a nuke go off don't worry it'll be painless.

Pete calm down mate and go for a walk. If you happen to see a nuke go off don't worry it'll be painless.

What makes you think I'm not calm. As I said I am in my sixties. I have lived with the "bomb" over my head for all that time. In my time kids of your age were out protesting about the fact that they might get nuked at any moment. These days kids are totally oblivious to anything in the real world other than what happens in a computer game or on FB, Twit or Inst. I am calm I am old I have had my life such as it is but younsters haven't.

I have lived with the "bomb" over my head for all that time. In my time kids of your age were out protesting about the fact that they might get nuked at any moment. These days kids are totally oblivious to anything in the real world other than what happens in a computer game or on FB, Twit or Inst. I am calm I am old I have had my life such as it is but younsters haven't.
It's nice to see old people caring about the young especially considering how selfish old farts can be.

We can't do anything about it can we ? If it happens it happens. If I die today or tomorrow then so be it.

Although I disagree a little. I think most people are keenly aware of the political chess games that have been going on for decades. Some young people are more aware and switched on than you might think. Not all but some. Nuclear war is not part of that chess game I don't think. Didn't happen in your day why is it any more likely to happen now ?

The US would warn Russia first before any attack, like last time.

Russia will tell Assad.

Assad will get as much out of way as poss.
Result, waste of time

There wont be any WW3.....just lots of posturing.

Hmm what happens if the USA & Russia declare war. Both are permanent members of the U.N., So other UN members are "duty bound" to come to their aid. How is decided it which side you are "duty bound" to fight for?
Italy will pick the side they think will win (wrong again probably)

This is Trump who mocked Obama don't get involved in Syria who then said only idiots would tell an enemy they would attack.

Trump is dumb, his supporters even more so.

Why would we risk Armageddon over a stinking ****hole of a country like Syria. Shouldn't be our problem. All the feckers who live there seem to be headed this way anyhow.

Proxy wars. Nothing will happen. But if you can't see when nations are meddling in proxy wars the problems then turn up.

You cannot separate foreign policy effect on domestic policy. If there wasn't a war There wouldnt be such a mass of refugees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back