Worn Bleed Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have yet another worn bleed valve on a radiator. The key will no longer turn it. The large nut that houses the valve also cannot be turned with a pair of pliers (the long red handled adjustable ones) as it has been painted and this seems to have sealed it more. It's so annoying as the room is so cold because of this. I haven't got a plumber's wrench or anything heavy to open it.

What can I do ?

Sponsored Links
If you don't have the tools then your stuck, you will have to go out and buy them or call a plumber.

Post some pictures of both ends of your radiator and will be able to help you from there, telling you what to do and what tools to buy. (beg, borrow or steel) :mrgreen:

Andy

btw pliers and grips are very effective at damaging and rounding-off nuts so that not even the correct spanner can move them.

Sponsored Links
I had this problem and have had success using a very small hex socket - only a few mm. If you can get your hands on a very small socket set, you may find one of the sockets can be wedged on to turn it.

Doubt if you'll find the right bleed screw anywhere to replace it, mind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back