WORRIED ABOUT BOILER BEING CONDEMNED!

On the basis that you now are worried about the gas safety of your boiler I would suggest getting a Gas Safe technician to carry out a Landlord's Gas Safety Inspection.

This is a legally required safety inspection if you are letting your property so woukd be seen as a safe bill of health, assuming it passes of course. If it doesn't pass you can then set about getting the necessary remedial work done by the inspector or others.

Sponsored Links
Does your "electrician" advertise that he does gas work, e.g on his vehicle or headed paper? If so, is there a Gas Safe Registration Number shown?

If there is a GS number, you can check it on the Gas Safe website.

If nothing to say he is registered, phone Gas Safe (0800 408 5500) and explain what has happened.

Hence why I am trying to find out how much it will cost to be rectified...

As you have already paid this person to do the work, if it needs rectifying you would sue him to recover the cost.

(If he is traceable and has any assets, that is.)

Sponsored Links
Look at it this way, you'll need to get it done regardless of the cost. I have absolutely no experience in boilers, plumbing, or life in general, but I imagine it could cost anywhere from £200 to £600.

I don't know if a gas safe engineer would have to completely reinstall the unit to be happy with signing it off.

This made me laugh like a drain.....😆😆
He's no experience or technical knowledge but he's put a rough figure on it???!!! This forum is full of clowns like this........ :rolleyes:

I know Hull & love Hull, but nothing would surprise me of what goes on there.
You may read this thread & think it's a wind-up too, but it's not.
Amazing is it not, that someone in 2014 wouldn't employ the services of a Gas Safe Registered Plumber, when you consider the media coverage that's rightly given to gas safety.

Must dash, I'm off to get the brakes on my car fixed by the Bin Man. See you later or maybe not!!!!

Come on Richard the 3rd, ask Olive Puller for her opinion.

Clearly reading between the lines, the odd job man has made a right pigs ear of it, and the OP wants an idea how much it's gonna cost.

So many assumptions that he is unqualified. The reality is we just don't know.

One would hope that you know his name and address and not just "Mick" or whatever.

A simple Gas Safe search using his postcode would indicate if he is registered.

There are a few people who are qualified to do several types of work.

Tony

How about the OP put up a few photos?
This guy has been hung, drawn and quartered already, but I personally know a handful of sparks with a gas ticket, or maybe they are heating eng's/plumbers with an electrical ticket.
Electrics are easy enough for a qualified pipe monkey to pick up :D

Come on Richard the 3rd, ask Olive Puller for her opinion.

Clearly reading between the lines, the odd job man has made a right pigs ear of it, and the OP wants an idea how much it's gonna cost.

I would ask her DIA, but she's ran away with my best mate, God I miss him!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back