Worried about electric (heaters loading)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought 3 Dimplex Cadiz fires to use in the bedrooms they are rated at 3KW each, I am worried after looking on the web, that my 30amp ring main will not be safe when all are switched on.

Sponsored Links
Depends what other loads are on it at the same time.

9kW on its own won't be enough to operate the protective device.

Depends what other loads are on it at the same time.

9kW on its own won't be enough to operate the protective device.

True, not immediately at least. I doubt it'd take a lot more to get it to trip though.

*checks trip characteristics*

Sponsored Links
I hope that they each have thermostats, and that your loft is well insulated

if so, they will not run at full power for long the as room will warm up and they will turn themselves down.

however, using 3kW heaters in your bedrooms will soon bankrupt you. Have you no gas heating?

please check on your loft insulation, and draughtproofing, and tell us what you find

BTW if you drape wet washing about the house, it will get a lot of condensation, damp and mould, and will be very unhealthy.

BTW do you mean electric fires, or do you mean electric oil-filled radiators which are much safer, and is 2kW anyway?

http://www.dimplex.co.uk/products/d..._heating/oil_filled_radiators/cadiz/index.htm

The loft is well insulated and the fire is the Cadiz oil free with climate control so you can see the temp to set. Heats rooms quick and runs at 3kw on start up then knocks down to 1.5kw when it reaches a degree below what it's set at so only runs at 1.5kw, it was only the initial startup that worried me.

Pothole

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back