Worried about Empty Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello - please can someone help with cental heating system refill problem?

Basically I assumed the drain on the bottom of the boiler would drain the system. Some water did come out but in rather a weak fashion. Anyway I then drained the system using the lowest radiator. Then I removed some unwanted radiators and refilled the system. I have bled every radiator and I believe the system is now filled. My worry is that the boiler has not filled...

The drain at the bottom of the boiler is dry. I believe water is in the two pipes that go to the boiler since the radiators removed linked to these pipes - and as I have temporary push fit stop ends on them I can verify that water comes out with gusto!

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
To my horror the wife had set the hot water side of the boiler on a timer and 2 hours after I finished it ran for about 15 minutes and produced hot water...

I suppose this may be good (or bad!) news. I would feel happier if I knew why the drain cock on the boiler does not drain any water...

Hi- thanks for your reply.

The boiler is mid range oil fired Merlin (B&H Associates). About ten years old.

Am I right in assuming I should be able to drain water from the stop cock at the bottom of the boiler? If I don't get any what may be the cause?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back