Worried about new shower!

Sponsored Links

There are the pipes going in side of bath. Grrrr[/quote]

Kitty, that is just genius. He should be reported to the cowboy trust and struck off.
If you can follow the advice above and go for thermostatic bath/shower mixer tap and ask for your money back.
Good luck

There are the pipes going in side of bath. Grrrr

Kitty, that is just genius. He should be reported to the cowboy trust and struck off.
If you can follow the advice above and go for thermostatic bath/shower mixer tap and ask for your money back.
Good luck[/quote]
Thanks Mark
It has upset me, the man who fitted it said it couldn't be concealed due to my wall and neighbours wall? Maybe he just said that now.

If it could be put in ''properly'' how much would it cost? I'd have to cancel the tiling as he's due to come on Saturday.
Kitty (Fed Up)

Sponsored Links
It has upset me, the man who fitted it said it couldn't be concealed due to my wall and neighbours wall? Maybe he just said that now.

If it could be put in ''properly'' how much would it cost? I'd have to cancel the tiling as he's due to come on Saturday.
Kitty (Fed Up)

You can't easily undo what this idiot has done now. :evil:
He's drilled two holes in your bath, it needs replacing really.

He was right about not being able to conceal it in the party wall.... Knowing that must have used up his IQ quota.

Was he still able to breathe after the work, or had his brain overheated and shut down?

brain%20deaderness.JPG

He was right about not being able to conceal it in the party wall.... Knowing that must have used up his IQ quota.

Was he still able to breathe after the work, or had his brain overheated and shut down?

brain%20deaderness.JPG

Could the pipes be removed and start again?
Could get a new bath panel as I was going to anyway.
Thankfully the shower works great but the look and his methods.
Who are the best people to report this to?

Thanks again for replies.

Could the pipes be removed and start again?
Could get a new bath panel as I was going to anyway.
Thankfully the shower works great but the look and his methods.
Who are the best people to report this to?

Thanks again for replies.

Or cut my losses and get one like haze recommended.

some might call it ingenuity, but not here in the first world.

I'm not sure what the best route to take, but I certainly would be getting the bod back and at least chewing off his ear for oooh about a week.

It's reasonable to expect a certain level of competency, like I previously mention this is just odd, the work has taken longer and been more complicated than it ever had need to be, therefore it cost you more money... i would assume.

first we have to establish the dialogue between yourself and the plumber, what was discussed, suggested and agreed.

its funny, but the words tin bath came into my head when i stumbled across this thread

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back