Worx 18v Hammer Drill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Argos have the Orange Worx hammer drill on offer at £49.99. I would be using for light to medium trade use. Does anyone have any experiance of this drill? I have a couple of Worx tools (Circ saw and Sander) that get used very very rarely and the seem ok but any opinions will be a great help.

Sponsored Links
i rate ryobi as diy light to medium trade
get this set for a ton
http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=146394
and all these tools will fit the batteries
http://uk.ryobitools.eu/one-plus-the-world-s-most-flexible-cordless-tool-system.htm

worxs tools fail few spares and limited backup
ryobi all spare and backup available

that drill it has a 3- 5hr charge no mention off the battery capacity or if its 1 or 2 batteries
never buy a tools that takes longer than 1 hr to charge always go for 1.5ah plus[except li-ions] and make sure you have more than 1 battery

screwfix are doing some good deals for around £99 on Makita and Dewalt drills, I know this is double the price for the drill you mentioned but these may be better for trade use. I had a look on the Argos site myself as was looking to buy a drill, most of the drills they have seem to be for someone who likes to do a bit of DIY and not really for trade use. I was at one point going to buy the bosch 18v drill they have which is pricey but I read quite a lot of bad reviews and decided against it. I know you said light trade use but it might be false economy to buy the £49 one if it does not last or do the job you want it to. Just my opinion but I would say pay a bit more for a better drill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back