Would an expansion vessel help here?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

Mate moving into a council house with awful water pressure upstairs thus ruling out any non-electrical meaningful shower. Would an expansion vessel help with the problem of low pressure? If so, is it a big job?

I am assuming there's a water storage tank in the attic? I will double check this tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Need to define auwful water pressure/flow first.

There are plenty of showers fed from loft tanks - depends on what your mate needs.

Sponsored Links
Need to define auwful water pressure/flow first.

There are plenty of showers fed from loft tanks - depends on what your mate needs.

I witnessed it today myself when he turned on the bath tap. The water wasn't in a hurry to come out and the same with the basin in the bathroom. I am going to check the stopcock tomorrow just to be sure it isn't almost closed and check the water pressure downstairs too. Just wanted to ascertain if water pressure was an issue would an expansion vessel fix it but you've cleared that up for me, thanks. He just wants a reasonable water flow I guess.

What type of system does he have ?

Mate moving into a council house with awful water pressure upstairs thus ruling out any non-electrical meaningful shower. Would an expansion vessel help with the problem of low pressure? If so, is it a big job?

I am assuming there's a water storage tank in the attic? I will double check this tomorrow.
I witnessed it today myself when he turned on the bath tap. The water wasn't in a hurry to come out and the same with the basin in the bathroom. I am going to check the stopcock tomorrow just to be sure it isn't almost closed and check the water pressure downstairs too. Just wanted to ascertain if water pressure was an issue would an expansion vessel fix it but you've cleared that up for me, thanks. He just wants a reasonable water flow I guess.

you need to do more than assume , need to know what boiler or system you have e.g cylinder in cupboard or combi for starters to help

you need to do more than assume , need to know what boiler or system you have e.g cylinder in cupboard or combi for starters to help

Hi mate, sorry for the delay.

It's a Baxi gas boiler and hot water cylinder in "hotpress".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back