Would I need Planning Permission

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have been contacted by a private tennants group who have or live in a block of flats (about 30 flats in the block).

They want a flat roof refurbishment doing - basically the existing roof is felt and bitumen, we are proposing to go over this by way of mechanically (riveting) a new 18mm plywood deck to the existing felt roof, and cold applying a new EPDM rubber membrane over the top.

I would be covering more than 25% of the existing roof - I would be covering 100%. The EPDM rubber membrane is not Fire Retardant Grade as it is not a new build.

What approvals would I need before I even contemplate undertaking such a job?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Your best bet would be to speak to Planning and Building Control direct as there are a few things that may deem it not requiring Planning/Building Regulation approval. But on the other hand, there could be one or two things that would make the works requiring applications.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back