Would multi finish cover this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya, I had a friend plaster 2 internal walls but they have ended up looking like this. Don't know why. But could I just multi finish over it? Or would I be better off removing the old plaster and starting again??
They are brick walls with lime morter. I had the bottom 40 inches removed back to brick and damp proof painted. The a sbr render coat then a multi finish top coat.
Cheers

Attachments

• 20170131_064200.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 326
  • 20170131_064135.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 263
Sponsored Links
The bottom needs straightening if you want a straight wall it wasn't ruled off properly by the looks of it if you just skim it you will see the dip

Not too bothered about it being 100% straight. Just flat would be a bonus. It's an old cottage.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
What would you have done?
Iv gone back to brick, as it was bonding on top of the paint able dp not render, and it hadn't stuck in places, and some of the plaster hadn't stuck to the bonding.
1) do I have to remove ALL the bonding or just the loose stuff.
2) what should I do now?? Render on to the dp, then multi finish all of it?.
Or render just on the dp, then bonding the whole wall then multi finish??

I will paint the bonding with a 2-6 mix of pva and water 24 hrs before applying a new bonding/plaster an also aply a pva mix just before I start to mix so it's damp an tacky when I'm applying the plaster. Is that the correct method?
Thinking of the same pva mix but with sand in it and applying that to the dp? Would that give it a key,
Tia

Attachments

• 20170205_122456.jpg
    20170205_122456.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 236
I thought all the bonding was taken off and replace with render? I have just looked at your pic you don't use bonding for dp what kind of dp did you use?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back