Would this be a suitable Cooker Switch?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I understand that it may seem 'over the top' but, can you tell us what the cable size is, and the length of run + installation method ?
Although your cooker has a current rating of @12A, we need to know these details really, to be correct ;) :LOL:

It sounds like you could possibly replace the 32A mcb with a 16A mcb, and then the switch you mention would be ok.

Regards,
Ed.

Ok, now the cable from the CU is 10mm the length of run is approximately 9 - 10 metres.

The cable from the present switch (45A) to the outlet is 6mm and is about 1m in length.

The only reason I want to put this switch in is because the Wife wants that chrome effect and that range don't do a 32 or 45A DP switch that will fit into a single back box. (All my tiling is done now and now she decides she wants chrome and not white) :evil:

Thank for your help

Hi JohnD,

Sorry my terminology is wrong, its an Oven, your right I have a Gas Hob, The Oven is a twin Oven/Grill.

Hello Dave,

Replacing the mcb from 32A to a 16A will 'allow' you this siwtch.
Either that, or replace the wife !! :LOL: :LOL:

Hope this helps

Ed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back