Would this help to improve water pressure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
Maximum allowed to pump from mains, without permission, is 12l/min.

What is you mains dynamic pressure and flow just now?

That pump isn't really designed to pump water from the household mains, the limits on what the mains can be pumped at not withstanding

Maximum allowed to pump from mains, without permission, is 12l/min.

What is you mains dynamic pressure and flow just now?

That pump isn't really designed to pump water from the household mains, the limits on what the mains can be pumped at not withstanding
I actually get 12l/m. There is an outside tap which tees off the mains. Onto that I have a flow meter. That caps out at 11/12 my.

So is my issue internal then?

Sponsored Links
As Rab says, the pressure is a better measure, 12l/m at low pressure will be quite poor for the mains.

Yup, as Denso mentions, the pressure is a better indication, especially if the flow is that low. I would hazard a guess that if the flow drops to nothing then the dynamic pressure will be garbage. What you need to understand is if that's what the mains is delivering or whether there is a bottleneck in the property somewhere.

If it's the mains itself then then a mains pump may help, as that would allow a sustained 12L/min @ around 1>1.5bar dynamic.

Time to get the mains tested by your local transporter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back