Would this take much to get looking nice...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, me and my finacee have a viewing on the below house, we are looking at this to rent not to buy but I was wondering if it would cost much money and take much time to get it looking ok, at the moment I think it looks old and run down.. What would you guys suggest to get it looking nice, and do any of you have before and after pics of the front of your houses if they where once in a state like this so I can pinch some ideas, cheers for looking..

Sponsored Links
installing new windows looks the obvious choice and a bit of tlc to the front driveway.

bays are notoriously expensive to replace.

a retaining wall at the bottom will allow you to level up the driveway and increase parking.

the brickwork and roof slates look ok but the ridge tile bedding looks tired.

new fascia and gutter is likely too.

installing new windows looks the obvious choice and a bit of tlc to the front driveway.

bays are notoriously expensive to replace.

a retaining wall at the bottom will allow you to level up the driveway and increase parking.

the brickwork and roof slates look ok but the ridge tile bedding looks tired.

new fascia and gutter is likely too.

That sounds like a little bit more money than I was looking to spend, it is not my property I will be the tenant renting it so I cant really do stuff like that.

looks like a paintbrush and scraper job then.

y' conna make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Sponsored Links
Cant belive they would rent out a property without tidying it up. You have to be careful in rented houses as you will require written permission from the landlord for most things.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back