Would you be happy if your "Builder" did this?

Can't comment about the gas - other than even with my limited knowledge it seems wrong.

As for the water, why have they got a compression (inaccessible) joint onto presumably copper pipe within when plastic would have been more appropriate if anything! Also water pipe not ducted and sealed, presumably not at 750mm min depth. Also the inspection chamber not bedded on concrete/mortar with peashingle around it as per MI apart from anything.

Finally, in the third picture in your "gas" album, is that the main electric supply cable I see? Clearly in breach of min distances within trenches, and possibly at wrong depth, but I may be in error on this one.

Johnny foreigner, like any labourer, will install as instructed by the boss. Trouble is when the boss don't know what he's doing and doesn't seem keen to find out. Bit odd when you consider that the service suppliers normally do a site visit to check that the trench is as required prior to connecting at the street, regardless of BCO

Sponsored Links
You are assuming that the Utility companies are making the final connections.
If Johnny Foreigner is not paying taxes and following correct procedures it stands to reason that they will know a friend to make these connections.

As stated, my friend has tried to save money by paying cash in hand, but all its done is allow himself to be bullied and intimidated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back