would you blue grit and skim or overboard this>

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is on my landing area.

The section in the photo is loose - it used to be around a plug socket. Would you overboard (9mm ok??) or blue grit then skim?
IMG_20200705_185038350.jpg

thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
D

dontbelieveawordofit

the whole lot or just the loose bit in the picture?

Is there a safe way to remove it if it has asbestos?
most of the mortar will most likely be loose. can we get a picture of the whole wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
most of the mortar will most likely be loose. can we get a picture of the whole wall?

Sorry for late reply.
Here is pic of whole wall

I really want to avoid ripping the wall out if I can as I've just finished my new bathroom in the room next door.

IMG_20200710_213707543.jpg

D

dontbelieveawordofit

cut the loose out of the bottom then, patch it in with board and neat pva the whole wall . after its dry randomly scrim the wall diagonally all criss crossed.
then blue grit over the whole wall and skim.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
cut the loose out of the bottom then, patch it in with board and neat pva the whole wall . after its dry randomly scrim the wall diagonally all criss crossed.
then blue grit over the whole wall and skim.
great thanks for the advice - do i need to scrape off the high points on artex before?

D

dontbelieveawordofit

not necessary if your going to grit it anyway..... plus your worried there may be asbestos right?
i’d fit a liner the correct width first , give yourself a nice lip to skim to.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
not necessary if your going to grit it anyway..... plus your worried there may be asbestos right?
i’d fit a liner the correct width first , give yourself a nice lip to skim to.

Sorry to sound a bit clueless.

Is liner a plaster bead?

Also, I need to put th door casing back on. Would you install the door casing before prepping walls and skimming, I suppose I can then use the door casing as an edge?

Sponsored Links