wr1 wireless weird connections and black wire missing from position 1 please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I attached aphoto of my wr1....The bolier doesn't fire up...I have like a bridge conecting L terminal and number 1 position....Then where should be a black wire going to 1 terminal is nothing...missing just the red live bridge wire...How to fire the boiler up?..I should connect 1 and 3 but ....?Thx ...waiting for a response...is 2 degrees outside already :((((

Attachments

• 1708717191269.jpg
    1708717191269.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 39
Sponsored Links
There is nothing weird about the wiring you have.
From your other posts, it seems as if your WR1 has failed.
To bridge the connection, move the end of the red wire in terminal 1, to join with the grey wire in terminal 3, with the power safely isolated.
Put the WR1 back on the backplate to protect the live connections.
You can then control the heating via the controls on the boiler.
You will not have thermostatic control.

thx a lot for answering so quick ...So should I move the red wire end from position 1 to position 3 or should I connect 1 and 3 with another wire?And thanx again

Sponsored Links
Many thx Randomgrinch...I have followed your instructions and boiler is working..what should I do now? Replace the wr1 or replace capacitor only?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back