WRAS approved fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm planning replacing some units in by bathroom which will involve rerouting a bit of pipe and some new taps.

I'm a bit confused by the WRAS approval that I see marked on some products.

Do all parts that I intend to use need to be WRAS approved? There are a lot of taps in particular that don't appear to be WRAS approved for sale in reputable places.

Also, if I want the water coming out of the tap to be potable, is selecting WRAS approved fittings enough or is there another standard I should look for when selecting fittings for drinking water supply?

Thanks in advance!

Burt

Sponsored Links
Forget WRAS (with the possible exception of your stop cock). Unless you live in a really hard water area, brass compression will do. If it is a really hard water area you might want to think about DZR (De-Zincification Resistant) fittings, but you will find hardly anyone stocks them. All copper soldered fittings will be fine, as will all proprietary push-fit plastic brands.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back