WRAS, TMV2, TMV3 approved diverters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It doesn't seem too difficult to locate well know brands of shower diverters which are WRAS approved.

However, even some well known brands are not necessarily TMV2 and/or TMV3 approved.

I'm unsure as to precisely what the TMV2/TMV3 approval means, though is it worth ensuring that even well known WRAS-compliant valves also have TMV2/TMV3 approval?

Or once a well known brand is WRAS approved, do you think most would consider that good enough?

Sponsored Links
TMV is about prevention of scalding every plumber will be aware of the current building regulation (prevention of scalding) :rolleyes:,
TMV2=domestic.
TMV3=nhs requirement.

WRAS is about the protection of public health by preventing contamination,again every plumber will be aware of their guidance :rolleyes:,

So your diverter will be wras approved and for prevention of scalding a TMV2 mixer valve will be needed.Depending on your needs, All in one units are usually available. Crosswater products are very good,see their valve selector page.

https://www.crosswater.co.uk/produc...ostatic-shower-valve-3-control-ce2000rc-plus/

Be wary of items that say "anti scald device fitted" and unbranded imports from china.Cheap is not always the best.

Thanks Old&Bold, I see now what the difference is in WRAS, TMV2,TMV3.

I had seen these 2-way diverters, the company also sells various models if you click on "See other items".
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191218617...818d59422a4&bu=43529019136&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu

These are brass, made in the UK with a 20 year guarantee, WRAS and either TMV2 or TMV3 dependent upon the model.

Whereas, I have also looked at the more well known Flova 2-way diverters, though apparently their shower valves are currently not TMV2 approved.

Any opinions on the brand I've linked-to?

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I had seen these 2-way diverters,
Cant really tell the quality of that ebog item,maybe buy 2 and keep 1 for spares as no spares will be available when you need them.20 year guarantee could be rather misleading to say the least (sales talk).

It could be an end of line item,who knows.

Although the sales info for that ^ valve seem to tick most boxes.

Named makes like Crosswater,Bristan,Grohe etc have a good track record.

Installers here fit what they know will work well, their reputation is at stake :idea:

Its £90 for a reason as Dan mentioned :idea:

It could be an end of line item,who knows.

Named makes like Crosswater,Bristan,Grohe etc have a good track record.

Thanks for the brand names, I'll check those out.

What do you guys think of this one on eBay, by Vado - which I believe is a well known brand. The seller has a few Vado models for sale. I'm not sure if it's end of line, or if that makes any difference with a well known brand.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122534479...389743683a8&bu=43529019136&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
It's eBay!! You pays your money and you takes your chance! Ask if it comes with valid warranty and check that with Vado.
They're ok as a product.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back