Wrong Bulbs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought some LED spot light bulbs a while back which were wrong, soon we will be moving and kitchen needs replacing so we are going to put spot lights in again, if I buy the correct size halogen lamps that will take these LED bulbs will they be interchangeable? I only ask this as I have seen somebody selling the right light fittings with halogen bulbs because they changed to LED so wouldn't it have been easier and cheaper to change the bulbs

Thanks

Brett

Sponsored Links
Whether the lamps (bulbs) are to fit the light fitting would depend on the two factors of lamp type and lamp holder they need to be compatible.

I can only assume that as you mention halogen and LED spots, that it could be the more popular fitting types such as GU10 or MR16?

You can purchase LED light fittings that are fully integrated and are one unit, the lamp is a fixed non-changeable feature. So it maybe possible that these type of lights were purchased, therefore lamps could not be interchanged.

yes the bulbs I have are GU10 fittings, and the guy selling his lamps has them listed as GU10 lamps with halogen bulbs, it made no sence to me if he wanted led lamps why he didnt just change the bulb, each to there own i suppose

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back