Wrong grit paper!...advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've rented a floor and edging sander to get the downstairs of our house done over the weekend. Rented from a local shop but they've only given us 60/80/120 and we should've ideally got 40 (at least) to begin with. The place isn't open on weekends and have to give the machine back tomorrow.

Any advice on places that sell this or how we can make this work? Floors are looking much better but there are patches that we just haven't been able to get out. We've tested some areas by going over them a few times and it's clear that the marks aren't budging.

Would be good to know if Screwfix/Wickes/b&q etc have alternatives we can use?
Also got a mouse sander so could go get sheets for this and do those bits seperately?

Also in terms of finishing, we want something durable with a Matt/satin finish...I've been told lacquer is good?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
I use mirka mesh or Norton mesh and cut to fit mouse sander. Can be bought at screwfix. Toolstation sell as well I think?

40 grade paper is rough. Too rough. 80 is bad enough as you will take way to much material off. Be nothing left as all dust.

Smith and Rodger
Rocktop
Clear coat..... That sort it thing?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back