Wrong type of tape!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was re-sealing the bath and used tape to make sure my lines were straight etc and that i didnt get it everywhere- trouble is I stupidly used brown parcel tape instead of masking tape- and when i removed the tape it started splitting and im left with lots of sticky brown patches all around the one side of the bath- i cant seem to get it out- any ideas?!?!?

Sponsored Links
What's the bath made out of?

Paraffin is really good at removing tape residue, but it may do more damage than the sticky stuff.

*should* be ok, but hey, I'm only a voice on the internet. Test a small non-visible bit first.

you can get paraffin from b&q in the garden section, sold as "Paracene"

Sponsored Links
white spirit doesn't harm acrylic - I have a painting palette made of acrylic and we use white spirit to clean it.

I've a fondness for petrol lighter fluid. But as was said, test on a small area first. and rub with a cloth. Don't pour it over it.

Sam.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back