Wrong use of central heating?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think a tenant in a bungalow I look after is using a large radiator to dry her clothes on, the others are turned off. A room stat. at max is in a hall some way from the large rad.. As a result the boiler stat. is the one doing all the controlling and is switching quite often because of the high temperature.

Q. Is there a way of managing a c/h system such as this?

Q. I want balance the system so what would be the differencial temp. to
use when the room temp. is already 25c.

Q. I want to flush the pipe system. Its a condenser boiler, micro bore and trvs. Would I have any success by individually taking off each pipe to valve and pushing water through it by turning on the fill valve at the boiler ?

Many thanks for your replies.

Sponsored Links
I think a tenant in a bungalow I look after is using a large radiator to dry her clothes on, the others are turned off. A room stat. at max is in a hall some way from the large rad.. As a result the boiler stat. is the one doing all the controlling and is switching quite often because of the high temperature.
Q. Is there a way of managing a c/h system such as this?
Surely the tenant can use the heating controls as he/she sees fit.
Q. I want balance the system so what would be the differencial temp. to
use when the room temp. is already 25c.
Was the system not balanced on install?
Q. I want to flush the pipe system. Its a condenser boiler, micro bore and trvs. Would I have any success by individually taking off each pipe to valve and pushing water through it by turning on the fill valve at the boiler ?
Only if the system is dirty.

I find your answers don't quite hit the mark. Very unhelpful to be exact.

In the first Q. Its asking about the system that I need an answer for, not what the tenant can or cannot do.
The second Q. was asked because, and its not the first time I have found this, people alter valves because somebody has misguidedly told them if they open up the other valves it will get the radiators hotter. Not knowing that it takes heat from the rest of the radiators. Then when I have to set it up again in the summer warmth I need different differencial temps. to work to. I do believe this was mentioned on another website but without the temp. being said.
Last Q. was because a qualified Southern gas fitter felt a suspect hot radiator and said that the return was blocked. Well, as you know with out a flow then it wouldn't get hot. So, what he said was rubbish.
None the less the old system is microbore and the pipes have never been flushed.

I really don't want you to answer, because like I said, yours were a long way off the mark and sounded a bit like you don't want anybody to do anything to do with c/h unless you want tenants to mess things up.

If you do answer please keep to the point.

******* hell hark at this ****. :LOL:

question one doesnt make any sense.

question two is largely irrelevant. if the tenant is altering the system tell them not to or they are out.

question three......if a rad return is blocked the flow will often get as hot as the rest of the system. perhaps this is what your engineer found but you didn't listen to him. you sound the type to totally ignore advice. just because the system has never been flushed doesn't mean it needs to be.

Sponsored Links
I have now found out the answers to my questions from a gas fitter that understood the need for me to ask them. That abusive nature you have you can save for your own kind. Your lack of understanding of physics is the reason you are a plumber, I suppose.

YOU CHEEKY B*&(*&D, judging by your posts you haven't got half the intelligence required to be a plumber. :evil:

You seem to have an unfortunate habit of asking a question and then becoming abusive to anyone who answers you.

I have looked through your other postings and they dont give the inpression of a professional person who follows any career. Lodgers being sick in the toilet for example!

The people who give advice in this part of the forum are mostly those who work on heating systems. I agree they can often be a little blunt but thats something you find in building trades.

It may surprise you that of the gas registered people here about a third are graduates.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back